My Aspirations as Headteacher – September 2015
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Hastings
My hope for Sacred Heart School community this year is that we live out our Vision every day; “to provide an excellent education for all where everyone is valued and encouraged to develop fully.”
My aim as Headteacher is to nurture the wonderful commitment and dedication to our children shown by all school staff. In order to achieve this I will:
• Lead by example in taking care of everyone and teaching them well.
• Enable teachers and support staff to develop professionally to “be the best they can be” and to have the highest expectations of all children
• Ensure each child feels valued and loved for who they are – a child of God.
• Help all children to achieve their full potential, both academically and personally by experiencing success and making progress every day and developing an attitude that ‘Learning is for Life – and Life is a Journey!’
• Communicating well with parents and carers, listening to them to make sure we meet the needs of all children.
In order to achieve these aims I will work effectively with Governors and School Alliance partners to develop the school from Good to Outstanding in all areas and challenging underachievement wherever it is found.
I believe it is important to do this while promoting an ethos and environment that:
• Celebrates our diversity
• Believes in equality and
• Treats everyone with respect.
Our school will be a place where the Gospel values of truth and fairness, forgiveness and helping others are both taught and put into practice. I will aspire to keep Jesus at the Heart of our School and as our example to follow in life.
Mr J Hellett